Ace Of Black Hearts
In to this life and the next.
This time I must be the one to confess
The distance between now and then couldn't be any greater then I can stand.
Tell me are you a friend.
A I wish I could pretend.
Your eyes say one thing.
You say another.
Whom am I to believe.
It's okay cause she does it.
That's what I hear over and over again.
Questioning their Motives,
Questioning their Actions,
Questioning everything in the search for some greater truth.
And all the time it hides right beneath the skin.
Go ahead and hide your emotions.
Please do try to defend.
It's a the winter that never ends.
So cold, it brushes right up against me.
How can I believe anything you say?
It's just another question on the top of my mind each and everyday.
Do you think that this make it's okay?
Never knowing which way the windy winding road will turn.
To the left then to the right.
Look into their eyes under the firelight.
But will that tell you everything you will need to know?
I must know.
I must turn my back to you.
I trusted you,
I let you in, and you stole everything I believed in.
Oh angel maker what have you created.
A loss of faith.
A loss of the greatest sensation of touch and taste.
How sweet was that embrace.
But now it's to this life and the next.
Walk backwards for awhile.
Trust no one except the ones with a fictitious smile.
All because of a single lie.
That is all it takes.
Hope it made you die a little inside.
It did for me.
My life will be complete
And I will have the time of my life getting there.
But don't despair.
It won't be with you.
Oh no, it won't be with you.
It's for me,
It's for you,
I say it's for me,
Oh it's for you
Into this life and the next.
Please let it be the last daily deception.
Ace Of Black Hearts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Daily Deception(Revised) by Ace Of Black Hearts )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(7 October 1948 -)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Fighting Together (Perseverance), Michael P. McParland
- Fields Of Flowers, Michael P. McParland
- Our Subtle Inner World*, Tushar Ray
- Feeling Your Love, Michael P. McParland
- Feeling You, Michael P. McParland
- Feel My Touch, Michael P. McParland
- Falling, Michael P. McParland
- Faith In Him, Michael P. McParland
- Faded Night, Michael P. McParland
- Extra, Michael P. McParland