as a child i used to think,
what would i be
when i grow up?
i asked daddy.
he would smile & gently pat my head.
then pulling his hand i would plead
'answer me daddy. answer me.'
looking at me lovingly,
'be what you wish,
you're free. i leave you unleash.
no boundaries for you dear.
be what you want.
you choose your favourite future.'
JENIE FRANKSAY's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Daddy Said by JENIE FRANKSAY )
- DIFFERENT VOICES AND SOUNDS ANYTIME AND .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- COPLA 93 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Fake Love, Anne Rub.
- DIFFERENT VOICES AND SOUNDS ANYTIME, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- DIFFERENT VOICES AND SOUNDS, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Down Pours The Rain, Rimni chakravarty
- Cold In Obudu Ranch, Tony Adah
- Life is on Rent, Aftab Alam
- Venus, Naveed Khalid
- BEHIND THAT WALL, ROCHISH MON