Smiles & Scars
i cursed god for my fate,
i cursed myself for being always late.
i hated god for giving me tears,
i hated myself for living in fears.
i questioned god 'why such to me? '
i questioned myself 'am i not sturdy? '
my life was doomed in darkness,
without a glimpse of happiness.
as i grew up i came to know,
god is high and me so low.
whatever happened, all had a cause.
so i moved on without pause.
i was changed with life's turns,
as paper into ashes when it burns.
i travelled long, walked with the stars,
realised, life gives both smiles & scars.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Smiles & Scars by JENIE FRANKSAY )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Unravelling / Shock, Nathaniel Tarn
- What you feel, gajanan mishra
- The last indulgence, Piyush Dey
- what you do, gajanan mishra
- And get everything, gajanan mishra
- The Workforce, James Tate
- To Join You, Edward Kofi Louis
- The real wasteland, Peter Hall
- Known In This Town, Edward Kofi Louis
- The Veil, Peter Hall