Smiles & Scars
i cursed god for my fate,
i cursed myself for being always late.
i hated god for giving me tears,
i hated myself for living in fears.
i questioned god 'why such to me? '
i questioned myself 'am i not sturdy? '
my life was doomed in darkness,
without a glimpse of happiness.
as i grew up i came to know,
god is high and me so low.
whatever happened, all had a cause.
so i moved on without pause.
i was changed with life's turns,
as paper into ashes when it burns.
i travelled long, walked with the stars,
realised, life gives both smiles & scars.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Smiles & Scars by JENIE FRANKSAY )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Ah! Little Woodlouse - Are You Unreal?, Brian P FitzGerald
- You Will Always Learn, Naveed Akram
- What can I do, gajanan mishra
- Salvation, Uttam Biswas
- Morning Prayer, Brian P FitzGerald
- Ghost And..., John Ugolo Umah
- Mendel Anxiety, RISHAD MKPNR
- Beauty Falls..., John Ugolo Umah
- Flooded street, gajanan mishra
- Cloud Maker, Pradip Chattopadhyay