Every girl has once fell victim
Of the Cinderella Syndrome
Where her dreams and fantasies wonder around
And have a tendency to roam.
She dreams of a life with a step-mother and sisters
Who treat her so cruel and mean
But then she’s saved by a magic Godmother
And becomes the most beautiful ever seen.
With a gown so beautiful and slippers of glass
She quickly heads out to the ball
And there she dreams the Prince will see her
And think she’s the fairest of all.
And then she’ll dream of dancing with the Prince
And be in treasured bliss
Knowing that their love will soon come true
Once they share that infamous kiss.
Yet midnight strikes and now the carriage
Is a pumpkin from the change
But she knows the ending of this fairytale
And knows her dream won’t rearrange.
But she does not have that glass slipper
To prove the shoe did fit
And her dream of ever being with the Prince
Is now only a counterfeit.
And yet young girls keep dreaming on
Without knowing the actuality
That glass slippers, and Princes and true loves
Will never be a reality.
Genevieve Pilat's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Cinderella Syndrome by Genevieve Pilat )
- Hurricane, Ahmed Tawfik
- Mirrors, Arno Le Roux
- The words we leave unsaid, Chris Zachariou
- Called To The Place Of Dry, Arno Le Roux
- Futurism Today, Peter Jay Shippy
- Soul, Peter Jay Shippy
- Shadow of Death, Tosin Abegunde
- Graceful ghost rag, Peter Jay Shippy
- The State-Progress Of Ill, Lord Edward Herbert of Cherb ..
- On the perilous effects of buried alien .., Peter Jay Shippy
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(20 October 1854 – 10 November 1891)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)