I flew around as Superman
A comic idol I have become
Praised by ages both the young and old
A celebrity that I now was.
With my outer looks I was physically fit
To do anything that I pleased
What a symbolic idol I appeared
To my fellow American fans.
One day I took a horseback ride
Like any other normal day
When a sudden leap of tragic fate
Led to my horrific state.
And now I am permanently paralyzed
Unable to live my life the same
But every day I dream of those glorious days
Like I was Superman.
Genevieve Pilat's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Christopher Reeve by Genevieve Pilat )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Amen (ए'मेन), Ronjoy Brahma
- बबि अनजालि, Bahadur Basumatary
- Witchy lady, Clara Keiper
- Birds, Tony Adah
- come, come to the light, let us all bathe., RIC S. BASTASA
- dignity finally comes in the form of a r.., RIC S. BASTASA
- to live in the kingdom of the clouds, RIC S. BASTASA
- but always remember no one owns it, RIC S. BASTASA
- Diaris Godoooo!, Rex mayor Ubini
- THE OLD MAN HAS FOUND TRUE LOVE AGAIN, RIC S. BASTASA