Breath of fresh air
try to lift my heavy heart
it ain't working.
Wanting to let go, be free
but I can't figure it out,
how to cut the bonds
nor have the bravery to do it.
take this weight off my shoulders.
I'm too young to be chained by despair and anger.
I am to weak to stand alone,
or to stand with others.
I'm caught between a rock and a hard place,
struggling to breath.
I'm sinking under the surface,
battling to stay afloat.
For I am one alone.
I may find someone out there
who can break my shell
and free me from my chains.
I stand on a high mountain,
my arms trembling,
my knees weak
a rock perched in my hands
threatening to crush me
and I abide
hoping someone will come
before it comes crashing down on me.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Chains by E.M McCarry )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- Address To A Haggis, Robert Burns
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Bottle And Friend, Robert Burns
- To A Mouse, Robert Burns
- A Winter Night, Robert Burns
- A Fond Kiss, Robert Burns
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Anthem For Black Lives To Matter, carol carter
- Animals Need Us, Naveed Akram
- No will, Angell Afinowi
- ak nayi subha, harshit madaan
- a good day to say goodbye, Juwon Daniel
- The Fall, Robert Kane
- THE AWAKENING, Chromium Blues
- Recife Sidewalks, Kim Barney
- Friendship is the desire of soul, love exo
- Brave Women, Shqipe Prence