Breath of fresh air
try to lift my heavy heart
it ain't working.
Wanting to let go, be free
but I can't figure it out,
how to cut the bonds
nor have the bravery to do it.
take this weight off my shoulders.
I'm too young to be chained by despair and anger.
I am to weak to stand alone,
or to stand with others.
I'm caught between a rock and a hard place,
struggling to breath.
I'm sinking under the surface,
battling to stay afloat.
For I am one alone.
I may find someone out there
who can break my shell
and free me from my chains.
I stand on a high mountain,
my arms trembling,
my knees weak
a rock perched in my hands
threatening to crush me
and I abide
hoping someone will come
before it comes crashing down on me.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Chains by E.M McCarry )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Indulgence, Angela Khristin Brown
- Inspiration of Infancy, Chris Jax
- Assorted Interpretations, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- A Devil To Do A Deed, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Walking On The Sea, Saiom Shriver
- Flying Snail, Saiom Shriver
- No Squealing, Saiom Shriver
- Sacred Cows, Saiom Shriver
- Make your Mothers Day, Damian Murphy
- Good Morning, Anuradha Bhattacharyya