Some people when they're hurting,
scream it way out loud,
some get help and let it out
honestly, I don't know how.
Some people turn to the darkness
others go to the light
Which hides their pain away.
But me, I keep it all inside
and let it fill me up.
sometimes bubbling up and overflowing
while smiling through the pain
For I am afraid of jumping
high or low
Also afraid to trust
for those trust me,
but not me them.
And I am afraid of depending,
one to hold on to.
No one, not even myself knows
exactly who I am.
I hide behind a positive shell
while holding on
and losing my grip
Falling in to the river.
But no one knows
And I'm losing
Becoming lost in hurt.
E.M McCarry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hurting by E.M McCarry )
- Kind Santa, lee fones
- The Farmworker, Terry Dawson
- blow up doll, lee fones
- Please Mommy, Stephen Morris Jr
- Bruce Lee, A Star Sinked in the Sea of Art, Joseph Oladehinde Ibikunle
- rude book, lee fones
- To Rise Again, Tom Zart
- Clouds of brinkmanship, Oti Egwu
- Heroes, Nassy Fesharaki
- O1O→5959→1049 신규 대전오피, O1Oa5959a1049 O1Oa5959a1049
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Oh, the places you'll go!, Adens Kamwi
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Clear Midnight, Walt Whitman
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)