Some people when they're hurting,
scream it way out loud,
some get help and let it out
honestly, I don't know how.
Some people turn to the darkness
others go to the light
Which hides their pain away.
But me, I keep it all inside
and let it fill me up.
sometimes bubbling up and overflowing
while smiling through the pain
For I am afraid of jumping
high or low
Also afraid to trust
for those trust me,
but not me them.
And I am afraid of depending,
one to hold on to.
No one, not even myself knows
exactly who I am.
I hide behind a positive shell
while holding on
and losing my grip
Falling in to the river.
But no one knows
And I'm losing
Becoming lost in hurt.
E.M McCarry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hurting by E.M McCarry )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Casey Renee Kiser
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- The Cremation Of Sam McGee, Robert William Service
Poem of the Day
- Your Voice, Gina Borrebach
- Therapy in America at Christmas in 2014, Bill Grace
- Lost, Paul Sebastian
- Farewell 2014, Paul Sebastian
- The Right Religion, Kevin Forbes
- Miles away, hannah wilbert
- (8) जिख्लाबसे लाइजाम: 'रैसुमै'नो, Ronjoy Brahma
- A life unexamined, Robert Plese
- Dying, Dipankar Chakraborty
- Quotation # 5, saint cynosure ( Ken Bennigh ..