Don't Feel the Pain
You don't see the hurt,
the anger I've been feeling.
I just want to leave it on the curb,
don't bring it to my home.
I wanna feel love again
to burn away the ice that grips my heart.
So leave that pain and anger, throw it away
and let's enjoy a brand new day.
See, and believe, oh don't you see
you bring it all back to me
Don't you see? I wanted to be the girl you been
But you can't seem to resist
If I run away tonight, will you come back for me?
Will you ever bring me back
Away from the anger, the sorrow
You planted here.
E.M McCarry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Don't Feel the Pain by E.M McCarry )
- Unseen water, Pintu Mahakul
- _Erato my Muse of love poetry, Erato
- AN EMOTIONAL STORY I COULDN'T TELL, Godspower Oshodin
- Shift and Drift, Aftab Alam
- Rivalry is humane to time, Ajala Samuel Akindele
- Certain attitudes to be followed by the .., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Sorry-Wrong Number, Aftab Alam
- Gripes of. Freedom, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Jesus Of Nazareth, Naveed Khalid
- Keebored Problems, Phil Soar