Don't Feel the Pain
You don't see the hurt,
the anger I've been feeling.
I just want to leave it on the curb,
don't bring it to my home.
I wanna feel love again
to burn away the ice that grips my heart.
So leave that pain and anger, throw it away
and let's enjoy a brand new day.
See, and believe, oh don't you see
you bring it all back to me
Don't you see? I wanted to be the girl you been
But you can't seem to resist
If I run away tonight, will you come back for me?
Will you ever bring me back
Away from the anger, the sorrow
You planted here.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Don't Feel the Pain by E.M McCarry )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Watch Free [28th] WWE Royal Rumble 2015 .., Noah Hariss
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns