John Hazon Palen
Certainly Not Low Me
The air's light while moon shines bright.
I'm quite fine tonight.
Suddenly, things ain't they seemed.
Lights around gleam dim.
I see none thru my window;
None but you alone.
The one I'd given green rose,
But you got it blown.
You judged my songs just by tones.
‘Twas clear what you meant.
But have you tried their lyrics once?
Do consider them.
Worthless words you used to throw;
It made me not low.
You're lost, gone with the flow,
Hit by a strong blow.
Sorrow occupied your core.
Watch me now glowing.
Feel me right from your cold world,
Keep your eyes open.
If ever you'll apologize,
I'll have my inks dry.
I've been waiting all the while,
Hear now my heart's sigh.
John Hazon Palen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Certainly Not Low Me by John Hazon Palen )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
Poem of the Day
- Perverse Ignorance, Right?, Nasarudheen.P. Parameswaran
- slowly down the road, animesh sapkota
- Understanding The Bodo Culture, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Each Day With You KP, Michael P. McParland
- Where there is truth and love, gajanan mishra
- Each Day 2, Michael P. McParland
- Dreams to Follow, Peter S. Quinn
- Each Day, Michael P. McParland
- Leprechauns in Pop's Fedora, Donal Mahoney
- Dreamt Of You 4, Michael P. McParland