John Hazon Palen
Am I all like that?
'You're better off, ' my friends shout.
Each step's full of doubt.
I'm just a human - being
someone who found love.
They say, 'What are you thinking? '
Poor verdicts they have.
They seemed condescending..
Telling me I'm weak.
But the minute we met came;
I'd let rules to break!
Yeah, I got my aim for stars.
Their remarks ain't ri ght.
I know in you there's spark.
These things they can't fight.
We've had enough of their words,
And thus we're on guard.
As for myself you did say,
'You're better your way.'
I was at war with my self,
But now I'm convinced:
Noisy but shallow rivers,
They don't know better.
John Hazon Palen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Better Off by John Hazon Palen )
- The Shrunken Head, Ronald Peat
- SHE - a love poem, Thomas Kay
- Upon Me, Edward Kofi Louis
- Global Pie-in-the-sky, stephen ifill
- Fifty Percent, Tom Higgins
- Yamine, Edward Kofi Louis
- I want eyes, Nassy Fesharaki
- One More For The Road., Tom Higgins
- We don't accept anything anytime...., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Tread, read!, Edward Kofi Louis
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)