John Hazon Palen
Am I all like that?
'You're better off, ' my friends shout.
Each step's full of doubt.
I'm just a human - being
someone who found love.
They say, 'What are you thinking? '
Poor verdicts they have.
They seemed condescending..
Telling me I'm weak.
But the minute we met came;
I'd let rules to break!
Yeah, I got my aim for stars.
Their remarks ain't ri ght.
I know in you there's spark.
These things they can't fight.
We've had enough of their words,
And thus we're on guard.
As for myself you did say,
'You're better your way.'
I was at war with my self,
But now I'm convinced:
Noisy but shallow rivers,
They don't know better.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Better Off by John Hazon Palen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- In memoriam, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- The Price Of Dreams, Sean Lux
- Simply Spoken I Am Not A Poet, Heather Burns
- A Wishing Star, Asma Riaz Khan
- Simply Spoken Dissearpering Vapors, Heather Burns
- amour is armour because of the r, Mandolyn ...
- Where Can I Buy Happine$$, Sean Lux
- Simply Spoken Wind Dance, Heather Burns
- Lights Out, Bill Cantrell
- our conversation's getting fat, Mandolyn ...