Coffee, tea or chocolate bar,
I need my caffeine now.
How else will I find the strength
to finish this day somehow?
Drowsy eyes so very tired
but the need to write is here.
And without the caffeine that I lack
not one more word will appear.
I cannot leave the page a blank
and stifle my thoughts tonight.
So, a pick me up will keep me awake
and allow me more time to write.
Edwina Reizer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Caffeine by Edwina Reizer )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Listen to the sound, Alex Adeoye
- SATAN'S HORDE, Tom Zart
- To Think It Fine And Dandy, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- More Treasured Moments, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Who Am I?, Liilia Talts Morrison
- That 'Is' A Nice Car, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Bled For Less, A.j. Binash
- Progress of the gospel, Alex Adeoye
- Death is Way Overrated, Francie Lynch
- Pollywog Tom Ridge, Richard Thripp