Coffee, tea or chocolate bar,
I need my caffeine now.
How else will I find the strength
to finish this day somehow?
Drowsy eyes so very tired
but the need to write is here.
And without the caffeine that I lack
not one more word will appear.
I cannot leave the page a blank
and stifle my thoughts tonight.
So, a pick me up will keep me awake
and allow me more time to write.
Edwina Reizer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Caffeine by Edwina Reizer )
- AUTUMN BRIDE, Rose Lu ( Bing hua )
- As Time Turns, Cathy Hodgson
- Suazo Nights, Eddie Morgan
- Juicy Lucy, I Salute Your vASStness!, Monk E. Biz
- As Long As I Am There For 'You', Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Paralyzed And Iced, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Art and the Pain, Udaya R. Tennakoon
- Alien Lullaby, Akujuobi Chijioke
- A Song Of Long Ago, Lilly Emery
- Simply Amazing, Olecia Henry