Morning b'fast without a brewing cup of coffee
and the breaking news is incomplete.
I keep on scrolling the T.V. Channels
to see the news.
There is not even a single channel
which didn't go without a breaking news.
Today crimes are increasing at alarming speed
medias alert the people in a span of seconds
as the technology is so advanced.
but the criminals mind work much faster
that they also use the latest technology.
Every channel is flooded with breaking news
Crimes, corruption, natural calamities,
hollywood, business, sports etc
Today, no news is so shocking
as every now and then there is someone killed.
And when high alert is announced
we get the message immediately
which will keep the people off the road
and thus danger can be averted.
Technology is so fast developed that
just sitting at home
we get news around the world.
Just imagine the days
when newspaper and radio were only
the source of news.
People patiently waited to hear the news
which comes at a particular time.
Those days we don't get the
breaking news very often as we get today.
In those day crime were either less
or many crimes went unreported.
Today with every heartbeat at least one
crime is being committed.
Then breaking news play the role.
News has changed our thoughts
it make the people aware of their rights
and how one can be alert
and what can be done if crime is being committed.
News have changed the insight of the people.
People have become bold
and positive in approach.
Million Thanks to the scientists who
contributed their day and night of their life for
bringing the latest technology available to us
and made our life more comfortable.
©ALL RIGHTS RESERVED BY GEETHA JAYAKUMAR 2014
Geetha Jayakumar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Breaking News by Geetha Jayakumar )
Did you read them?
- What is Karma?, DOMINIC K V
- Flower Vendor, DOMINIC K V
- Winter´s Sunshine, Peter S. Quinn
- Another World, Bareerah Bilal
- I am so unfortunate, gajanan mishra
- Assign All Guilt, Margaret Alice Second
- Find everything, gajanan mishra
- Art Is My True Love, Rohit Sapra
- Give no title, hasmukh amathalal
- Pause, Don Tiedemann
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)