I dream of you in the dawning hope,
I reached for you and slid down the slope,
I saw I had my pockets full of withered leaves from June.
In the months of madness I had to toy
With ideas that could well annoy
The walk of a travelling man in his God laid grounds.
But as I remember watching the back of you,
The freak rain was my clear cue
To the turn the page or burn the bookshelf down
And all of the ladders I’ve ever found,
I have carried them all the way to the sound
Of the window’s rattling by the bellow of your sigh.
And all of the steps that broke on me,
Never could have me on your knee again.
I jumped along and I jumped around on the burning fields of dreams
I saw you swish by my blind spot.
Since you unwished all you had thought,
I receive empty envelopes everyday by my morning bed.
Debanjan Dhar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Blind Spot by Debanjan Dhar )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(10 February 1970-)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Main To Jhonka Hu Hava Ka Ura Le Jaunga, Kumar Vishwas
- Best Friend (In Hindi), Tavneet Singh
Poem of the Day
- Floating on Whimsy, Nika McGuin
- Weapon of Words, Yemi Amoo
- The Jars, Nika McGuin
- Heartfelt Trust, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- NIGHT WHISPER, john chizoba vincent
- Missing, Marilyn Jean
- Mourning Glory, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I Seem Deprived, But..., Brave Hearts
- No More War for Heroes Forty-Four, Tom Navarro
- Vintage Dreams, Nika McGuin