That was just a gimmick, a poor hand on mimic,
Tasteless stereo-comic - How outrageously platonic.
Makes a fellow laugh, be indifferent as a calf.
May cut the head in halves and then lead the mind to starve
For a gentle wise approval, for a deeper sense of real.
An age and its burial, the present in a visual,
Like a leading man on the stage, like the peasant in the tiger cage,
From the mountain home of a sage comes an order to simply graze.
On a sunshine golden hay
Must let you go and stray.
Debanjan Dhar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Burial by Debanjan Dhar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Missing An Award Ceremony, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Weeping Under The Rain, Tony Adah
- EVEN More Cosmic Than That~~~, Monk E. Biz
- No Place Nation, Xavier Cole
- Dream Another Dream, Xavier Cole
- CITY OF LOVE 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- Polyamory, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- HEARTBREAK 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- Multiple children, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- If I Had a Voice, Lee Gelis