bite by bit
its all for nothing
for 31 years I lived in the church.
they kept me there.
no way can they let my kind out into the wild.
they know that's where I belong.
they know I need to feed.
they already have my red grave waiting for me.
they just don't want me near their loved ones.
or their despised ones.
what charm do my fangs really bring?
what rotten fruit do I truly bare
what women have I not seduced
I am unhuman. I am in humane.
I may be insane.
don't let me go.
there is still so much more I have to do
matt fromm's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (bite by bit by matt fromm )
- A Tribute To Gray's Elegy, Naveed Khalid
- Mulberry, Naveed Khalid
- Harvesting, Naveed Khalid
- Weeping Widows, Suzy Kassem
- Immortality, Naveed Khalid
- Hamstead, Naveed Khalid
- The Little Prince, Naveed Khalid
- The Scribe, Suzy Kassem
- I Too, Sing Poetry., Abekah Emmanuel
- Guide, Don't Misguide Me, Aftab Alam