blow out the candles
now its a party, yesterdays revisited cant get drunk no more.
cant find my old buddies who were never really my frineds.
but still.., .
reckless abandon in the night.
then a can of beans.
winter in spring
father mutters about hair cuts and working for his wife.
pretend to decieve.
looking to retrieve.
even the government cant relieve.
now its music, genreless but still great of course.
hot thunder all through out the bar
wondering how many more people will step on my italian shoes as i hold up the just digging on tunes.
sweet dreams later on, the studio elders inform me that the secret is glorious.
they open there mouths and part the cosmic rays that dazzle and confuse.
i wake up, see the sun, shut my eyes, then re open.
no longer confused, but still perplexed.
31 years old.
whats gonna happen?
matt fromm's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (blow out the candles by matt fromm )
- Forget You Not, Forget You Not, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Love Me, Love Me, You Just Love Me, Bijay Kant Dubey
- The sweetest song, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Be logic., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Loving Me, Leave Me Not, Desert You Not,.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- L'amour est un Triste Caméléon, Hebert Logerie
- स्वप्न, dhirajkumar taksande
- <<< আমি বাংলার পাতি মাষ্টার, Abdul Wahab
- Lost homes, hasmukh amathalal
- A Tiny Island, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Heather Burns