B.Pasternak, Winter night - translation (rus.)
Nobody can repair day with a luminary's effort,
Shadows can't lift up the Immersion covers.
Earth is in the winter force all over,
Smoke can't make straight the bended houses.
The buns of lanterns and pies of roofs,
With a black colour over the white in snow -
The cant of penthouse: it's a manor house,
I'm - the gouverneur in it, alone,
I've sent my pupil to sleep. I'm waiting nobody.
But the portiere - is closed tightly. The trottoir
Is all in knobs, the porch - is full of snow.
Memory - don't bristle! Accrete with me totally.
Believe in and assure me, that we are - one form.
Again you're about her? I'm not thrilled.
Who'd opened her a time? Showed her a slot?
That shock - was the origin. To other things,
By her grace, I'm not tied now. The trottoir - in waves,
Between the snow flexures - the frozen bottles
Of the naked, black ice-floes. The puns of lanterns,
On the chimney, as an owl in furs - the offish smoke.
Lyudmila31 Purgina's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (B.Pasternak, Winter night - translation (rus.) by Lyudmila Purgina )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Not His Cartoons, Prof Niamat Ali Murtazai
- what is a compliment, lee fones
- our Archie, our one eyed parrot, lee fones
- Thesaurus, lee fones
- Who Says India Is Not Secular? Do Not Mi.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- My Loneliness, Muhammad Shafi Lone
- India-centric Statement, Bijay Kant Dubey
- All The Time Minorityism Is Not Good At .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- A Modern Indian English Poetess In The G.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Funeral March, RoseAnn V. Shawiak