B.Pasternak, Winter night - translation (rus.)
Nobody can repair day with a luminary's effort,
Shadows can't lift up the Immersion covers.
Earth is in the winter force all over,
Smoke can't make straight the bended houses.
The buns of lanterns and pies of roofs,
With a black colour over the white in snow -
The cant of penthouse: it's a manor house,
I'm - the gouverneur in it, alone,
I've sent my pupil to sleep. I'm waiting nobody.
But the portiere - is closed tightly. The trottoir
Is all in knobs, the porch - is full of snow.
Memory - don't bristle! Accrete with me totally.
Believe in and assure me, that we are - one form.
Again you're about her? I'm not thrilled.
Who'd opened her a time? Showed her a slot?
That shock - was the origin. To other things,
By her grace, I'm not tied now. The trottoir - in waves,
Between the snow flexures - the frozen bottles
Of the naked, black ice-floes. The puns of lanterns,
On the chimney, as an owl in furs - the offish smoke.
Lyudmila Purgina's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (B.Pasternak, Winter night - translation (rus.) by Lyudmila Purgina )
- تحية طيبة, خليل مردم بك
- Happy Writer, Cynthia BuhainBaello
- هذا وربك مثوى كل إنسان, خليل مردم بك
- Scars Never Heal, Cynthia BuhainBaello
- Closed Doors, Omar Eldamsheety
- The Only Key, Cynthia BuhainBaello
- A cry from a child, Zintle Groepe
- Hope Again., Tracee Olga
- If, Zintle Groepe
- Look at eyes! ! !, SALINI NAIR
Poem of the Day
- 1861, Walt Whitman
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Lob, Edward Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Robert William Service
(16 January 1874 - 11 September 1958)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
John Greenleaf Whittier
(17 December 1807 – 7 September 1892)
George Gordon Byron
(22 January 1788 – 19 April 1824)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)