A slumberous sense of seclusion
As sleep is drifting from my eyes,
I look upon the translucent shade of the morning dew
While I, moving slowly do arise.
Watching the rain dripping from the eaves
Silhouetted in gold from the rising sun,
My mind gradually awakening
Now a new day has begun.
Through dimly, dancing dawns first light,
With sound of the rains chime,
The horizon still not clear
Just sweet thoughts of a shadowy time.
A light gust of wind gently lifts
The dead and dying leaves
Settling softly upon the ground
As light as the morning breeze.
The suns light a smile of gold
On the landscapes new days light,
Now stand and look at the rainbow
A gorgeous scene for mortal sight..
© 2012 Hazel
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Awakening by Hazel Connelly )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- How Suicide Works 3, C Jay Caputo
- Under The Moonlit Nights, I Think of Kis.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Poet Is A Liar, A Great Liar, You Ma.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- A Poet, Chris Newton
- Insomnia, petra pen
- "The Rest of My Life.", Aaron Waingrow
- La forme a conséquence, douglas scotney
- How Suicide Works 2, C Jay Caputo
- Eid Mubarak, Nasarudheen.P. Parameswaran
- My Feet, Randy McClave