Hazel Connelly Poems
- Canvas Before my eyes brilliant colour, perfection Dancing ...
- Hen Night The hen night is a girls night out Time for them ...
- Sexy At Sixty I was fit and feisty at fifty It was no big ...
- Awakening A slumberous sense of seclusion As sleep is ...
- The Attic The attic holds such fascination I climb the ...
- An Autumn Day Floating all night on waves of ...
- The Races I've won a day at the races For me and my friend ...
I started writing poems around 2005 but only did a handful. When I retired I wrote a few more and will carry on writing poems, I have also wrote a couple of short stories. I have a web site if you would care to look. You can leave comments on my site, your email is private and is deleted after leaving your comment.
I have read my poems in Melborne Australia... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Before my eyes brilliant colour, perfection
Dancing gracefully in every direction,
The world of trees, the art of nature
Are simple reasons for a painter.
The power mother nature can release
Could make a painting, a masterpiece
A gallery of natures finest hues,
Enough to stir the most reluctant muse.
Should mother nature tutor me in art
My tree would show a living beating heart,
And should I save one single living tree
My canvas would inspire the world to see.
Red, orange, yellow, green and brown
Colours of beauty my brush would put ...