Won't get me up there, can't get me to try,
Looking down a ravine, from a mile up in the sky,
What's heady for some, is nothing for another
A bit of bungee jumping, said my big brother.
With rubbers attached to my trembling feet
Whatever possessed me to take that leap,
I jumped into the future, at the blink of an eye
Like a flash of lightning, my life passed me by.
Now the thrill is over, hanging upside down in the air
I swallowed my pride and I did it for a dare,
Alone at the end of it, just getting my breath
In future, I'll leave it, to those who don't fear death..
© Hazel 2012
Hazel Connelly's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Bungee Jump by Hazel Connelly )
- Angel, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Malaria, hasmukh amathalal
- The life we have lived, Goodenough Sakhile Dlamini
- At our will, hasmukh amathalal
- See the fishes, hasmukh amathalal
- Two Become One, Loide V Augustinus
- Your Sweetness, Loide V Augustinus
- Why do you mock at my love, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Drifting Away, Loide V Augustinus
- The Eminent Reign, kyvin nash