Won't get me up there, can't get me to try,
Looking down a ravine, from a mile up in the sky,
What's heady for some, is nothing for another
A bit of bungee jumping, said my big brother.
With rubbers attached to my trembling feet
Whatever possessed me to take that leap,
I jumped into the future, at the blink of an eye
Like a flash of lightning, my life passed me by.
Now the thrill is over, hanging upside down in the air
I swallowed my pride and I did it for a dare,
Alone at the end of it, just getting my breath
In future, I'll leave it, to those who don't fear death..
© Hazel 2012
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Bungee Jump by Hazel Connelly )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- one hundred and twenty two miles, days, .., Mandolyn ...
- Godwin's Farm, Naveed Khalid
- The Neighbor Prayer, Frederick J.B. Moore II
- Diplomacy, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Comet, Naveed Khalid
- Jumbled Sewing Basket, Green And White W.., mary douglas
- Hospitality (Section 9 of Thirukural), rajendran muthiah
- Crushed, Gergana Teofilova
- Not a big deal, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Affinity with truth for all times, gajanan mishra