Humanity's ego, to resort to violence
To settle conflicts, makes no sense,
And yet we still have not learned
The art of peace for which we yearned.
To love our neighbour as our self
And put our grievance on the shelf,
Could this be in our gracious hands?
To bring compassion to troubled lands.
With each hill we have to climb
Life is lived one day at a time,
Let the tears of yesterday's storm
Bring a smile to a new day born.
For everything to be humane
We need to be compassionate and sane,
‘Too lightly on life's scales
Compassion weighs, and prevails....
Hazel Connelly's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Compassion by Hazel Connelly )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Persona, Madrason writer
- Aquarel, Madrason writer
- OVER THE ROCK OF SUICIDE, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I am black, hasmukh amathalal
- Omgekeerde muziek, Madrason writer
- A Kind of Villanelle, Joyce Sutphen
- Hit, it!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Minder bedrogen, Madrason writer
- Geweldsparabel, Madrason writer
- To Be Kind, Edward Kofi Louis