At Plaza Squares Marble
At “Plaza' squares marble
Where sugary stars kindle for the evening,
A forgetting child wake up from the nap,
Weeping over, dull night where the time flee
As water drains into along distance-
Long evening, tossing transparent spirit
By light clouds, drizzle on sad memory,
I wasn't ready. Were memories dragging me
In four directions.I can’t shape my self
With all these colorful faces. I can’t shape
My heart with all emptiness I carry.
I walked like a wildcat, dense round,
Didn't know what to do among all
Glittering shadows floating through the air
Till found my fingers ticking on the marble table,
Looking for cigarettes and dying to do something
Ridiculous, dancing around fire at square maybe,
But I was thinking of you.
Sadness grows rapidly such as
Bud on a branch in April
An arm and a leg, and leaf, leaf.
From a yellow fruit, to water, to cloud
Floating in the air then falls as a stone
On a forgetting child where her tongue
Of wood, heart a pane of ice and feet soaked
So deep in the cold squares 'Plaza'.
Fatima Nusairat's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (At Plaza Squares Marble by Fatima Nusairat )
- Vietnam Sunset, Kyle Schlicher
- Standing On The Edge, Lilly Emery
- Underneath The Rock, Kyle Schlicher
- Neon Sign, Richard Provencher
- The Sex Offender, Is It Poetry
- somebody buried glass in the middle of t.., gordon nosworthy
- How You..., abigail sikwenda
- In That Moment, abigail sikwenda
- My dance of seven veils, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Explosive True, sallam yassin