Poet of the River
As Lonely as a Record (thought/Motivational)
I am as lonely as a record,
sitting on my dusty shelf.
With no one here to here my song,
So I just sit here by myself.
I shall grow old,
And warp with dust and age.
Even books are burdened by days,
as wrinkles creep up every page.
I was well known for a while,
Even sought after by those who wished to hear my story.
But no I sit here as an old file stripped of its former glory.
They say time will heal all wounds,
For man this might be true.
But time cannot heal a lonely record,
That choice is up to you.
Wipe away the dust,
So that I may last.
Polish up my surfaces,
To reflect the glorious past.
Don't hide our story on a shelf to sit there all by its self,
To the record, it is not fair.
So do your part, and make a record you would be happy to share.
Poet of the River's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (As Lonely as a Record (thought/Motivational) by Poet of the River )
- I KNEW LOVE, SHARON YAKOWA
- I'm Still Here, Stephen Morris Jr
- tramp, lee fones
- Leaves On The Grass, Poetic Lilly Emery
- Thought Process, Mitta Xinindlu
- Kind Santa, lee fones
- The Farmworker, Terry Dawson
- blow up doll, lee fones
- Please Mommy, Stephen Morris Jr
- Bruce Lee, A Star Sinked in the Sea of Art, Joseph Oladehinde Ibikunle
Poem of the Day
- Oh, the places you'll go!, Adens Kamwi
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- "Why do I love" You, Sir?, Emily Dickinson
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Remember, Christina Georgina Rossetti
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(14 December 1895 – 18 November 1952)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)