Poet of the River
As Lonely as a Record (thought/Motivational)
I am as lonely as a record,
sitting on my dusty shelf.
With no one here to here my song,
So I just sit here by myself.
I shall grow old,
And warp with dust and age.
Even books are burdened by days,
as wrinkles creep up every page.
I was well known for a while,
Even sought after by those who wished to hear my story.
But no I sit here as an old file stripped of its former glory.
They say time will heal all wounds,
For man this might be true.
But time cannot heal a lonely record,
That choice is up to you.
Wipe away the dust,
So that I may last.
Polish up my surfaces,
To reflect the glorious past.
Don't hide our story on a shelf to sit there all by its self,
To the record, it is not fair.
So do your part, and make a record you would be happy to share.
Poet of the River's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (As Lonely as a Record (thought/Motivational) by Poet of the River )
- Assimilating Thoughts, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 17 March 2014, Shri R Brahma
- An Ode To Odes Of Olde (Love & Woe), Tad Russell
- 15 March 2014, Shri R Brahma
- Unknown Mysteries, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Folding Teardrops, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Tapped......, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- September's Embrace, Albrando Lucino
- 10 March 2014, Shri R Brahma
- Boredom, Fatima Nusairat
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Sheldon Allan Silverstein
(September 25, 1930 – May 10, 1999)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)