Poet of the River
As Lonely as a Record (thought/Motivational)
I am as lonely as a record,
sitting on my dusty shelf.
With no one here to here my song,
So I just sit here by myself.
I shall grow old,
And warp with dust and age.
Even books are burdened by days,
as wrinkles creep up every page.
I was well known for a while,
Even sought after by those who wished to hear my story.
But no I sit here as an old file stripped of its former glory.
They say time will heal all wounds,
For man this might be true.
But time cannot heal a lonely record,
That choice is up to you.
Wipe away the dust,
So that I may last.
Polish up my surfaces,
To reflect the glorious past.
Don't hide our story on a shelf to sit there all by its self,
To the record, it is not fair.
So do your part, and make a record you would be happy to share.
Poet of the River's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (As Lonely as a Record (thought/Motivational) by Poet of the River )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- *Flowers' Sacrifice, C. P. Sharma
- Biker Days .... [MOTORCYCLE riding; VER.., Bri Edwards
- Beloved Hourglass, Elizabeth Shield
- August Fires, Dee Corpolongo
- Walking down the last lane!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- *Little Budding Stars, C. P. Sharma
- Kar Denge Jaan Nisar Hum Batan Ke Baste, Sawariya Kumar
- Ancient remnants, Piyush Dey
- *Haridas: Tansen's Guru, C. P. Sharma
- Past Tense, Jake Deeds