Given another moment
to retreat those lies
would you again whisper
What secrets fade and wither
from a mournful heart,
where forever slips away
on a tide still as death.
Keeping maybes as treasures
you promise something more
while keeping her at bay,
while revealing nothing.
Some semblence of sorrow
slips from vodka tongues
loosened towards truth
where sober lies hide.
Tomorrow reveals another you
which is true, pure,
yet stained and tortured
by yesterdays tales.
I see this bitter revelation
that you try to hide
by holding her tightly,
by lingering in her life,
by keeping her with you.
*your friends are here for you...be strong.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Another Moment by Viola Grey )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Comparisons, Radclyffe Hall
- The Lost Word, Radclyffe Hall
- The Final Morbidity of the Interior Embe.., Henry Splawn Taylor
- 'Líneas Inolvidables de Mamá', nikka mee farillon
- No Chance Of Escape, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- On The Potomac River U.S.A., Radclyffe Hall
- Georgetown U.S.A., Radclyffe Hall
- Interior Sensations, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- கொல்லும் போர்க்களம்!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- No Use Sighin', Edgar Albert Guest