A last look, a last word
The parting smile
And unshed tears,
You are giving these to him
As your final remembrance,
Before you bid adieu for forever.
His son you are,
Fallen from grace
That angelic glow
Dimmed on your face.
You wince in pain
As they shear your wings,
And inside him grief wells.
Known for his word
Truth and might,
God in him is cursed
By the fathers wrenching sight.
He is stoned
On the Dais of his throne,
As the guardians lead you away,
On the gates of purgatory,
On the gates of hell.
His face is away
You can’t see him
But he cries
For the loss he suffers
For the pangs he holds inside.
You take a final look at your home
The greatest epitome heaven.
Cerulean of your eyes shine bright,
Gold of your locks glows
And he runs to take a concluding look
Of his son he will cherish forever..
But you plunge in depths of dark
Deep and lost to him,
Your loss is raw,
The grief tender
And his golden eyes blaze in full fervor
His children watch petrified
As he rains,
Angels on earth.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Angels by Lucifera Santez )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- EVIL'S INEVITABLE, FAST, AND FREE FALL, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Doomed, Kyle Schlicher
- Memory Without Remorse, Kyle Schlicher
- Question Answered, Kyle Schlicher
- Spearmint Leaves, Saiom Shriver
- THIS LIFE IS UP-SIDE-DOWN هذه الحياة متك.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Islands of Flowers, Marilyn Lott
- Home-makers, Dr Deena Padayachee
- I APOLOGIZE FOR YOU, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- On your toe, shubham sutar