Peter Daniel Phiri
An Orphan Unto Love
You say you are an orphan unto life, ..
But I'm an orphan unto love.
You refuse to give me another chance,
But soon you will be my past;
Let's talk now while we still can.
My body yearns to go where my imagination stretches,
To touch not just your heart, but your soul.
To hold not just your hand, but your dreams.
Is it funny that when I look into your eyes, ..
I see a picture of my childhood years? ,
A heart still virgin, untroubled by love;
A soul with an angelic makeup.
But now I'm an orphan,
You insist on killing my love,
And I'm dying with it too.
At least I feel safe,
I built an empire meant for us that I'm giving to you.
So you should be fine,
At least financially.
If you can't remember me as you special love,
I hope you will remember me as a father you never had.
A human heart must continue living, ..
Even in the absence of love.
So I guess this is farewell.
Allow me to close the doors to the love chambers of my heart.
Wish me luck,
Pray that I find a way to the most distant and serene places hardly found.
I hope my eyes and ears shall not recognise your face nor voice.
I hope my memory shall free you from my mind;
And let you fly away like a bird...
I hope you will find happiness.
Peter Daniel Phiri's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (An Orphan Unto Love by Peter Daniel Phiri )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- Matilda Who told Lies, and was Burned to.., Hilaire Belloc
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
Poem of the Day
- The role of Kama, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- I Dream of Her, Olufayo Ezekiel
- I realized why we get hurt, Tiyani Shadrack Manganya
- That fatal day to all, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Love Note 10, Michael P. McParland
- Secularism in true sense, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Mark o Connor's ballad of a man from sno.., Juwon Daniel
- you need to know: (, Manauwer Raza
- Solitary song, gajanan mishra
- To Sleep I Go, Michael P. McParland