Peter Daniel Phiri
All I Want For Christmas
Tick tick, my heart beats together with my watch,
Counting down the time, my spirit can't wait for a new year; for new joys and accomplishments.
I heard Santa is coming,
So I await here on my window panting and anticipating.
But you my love are my Christmas present,
For my mind turned into a thief and stole you into my dreams.
When you kissed me that night under the tree, you kissed not just my lips, but my soul also.
So touch not just my hand, but my heart also.
As the stars twinkle and my hands fiddle through the moist air, I await and can only hope.
I hope that Santa comes with lots of cheer like a shooting star but being Christ.
And I hope he will give me virginity for my soul and seal our tangled lives forever!
Through all this meandering of my soul, my hunger is for Christmas, for you and a new year.
So may Santa come to bless and usher us hand in hand into a new year?
For you are the only present I yearn for this Christmas!
Peter Daniel Phiri's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (All I Want For Christmas by Peter Daniel Phiri )
- Timeless Emotions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Charcoal Sketch, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- It's End, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- Feisty seed of love, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- Precious Corral Of your Heart, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- The son's gratitude, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Love all ones is a myth., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Mixture Of Interior Knowledge, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Like normal man, hasmukh amathalal
- ~The Place Where Dreams Die~, E Nigma
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Udiah (witness to Yah)
Ralph Waldo Emerson
(1803 - 1882)