Peter Daniel Phiri
A Sacrifice For Love
In plight of loving you,
And willingly surrender my self to death.
For with death,
But my heart is entangled with yours,
And so is my life,
But I have to depart now.
My soul is halfway across the journey,
singing joyous melodies.
My spirit stays with my heart for a while,
Which with both great joy and pain, ..
Engage in plucking its biting nails from yours,
Before the trinity of me flies away to eternity.
I can't stop your bleeding heart,
Since my heart's nails were rooted so deeply within yours,
Neither can I stop your tears from flowing,
For it's better your tears flow than your blood drain.
Since tears clense your soul, your heart and your spirit.
Within you I've departed,
But besides you,
I'll forever stay.
On the gates of heaven,
I'll forever wait for your arrival,
Days may turn into months,
Months into years.
I let the minutes roll by,
But yet clinging desperately to every second.
Life is not fair,
It hides so many things,
So many emotions, words and actions it can't express.
But I've come to understand,
My eyes are open to devine wisdom,
That the greater love silent in our hearts which life cannot define nor express to a mortal body;
Will be revealed in our eternity.
When we meet again,
we shall rejoice.
And I shall love you, far more than I am able to.
Peter Daniel Phiri's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Sacrifice For Love by Peter Daniel Phiri )
- Forgive Me, Ismim Putera
- A Monster's Warning, Bruce Larkin
- Of Teares, John Beaumont
- Advice from the Jackalope Man, Bruce Larkin
- THE MIND OF A BLACKSMITH..., M.D Dinesh Nair
- ~ Living ~, Aparna Chatterjee
- A Dialogue Between The World, A Pilgrim .., John Beaumont
- Bookworm, Naveed Khalid
- An Act Of Hope, John Beaumont
- I wish, nishca koeries
Poem of the Day
- Suicide in the Trenches, Siegfried Sassoon
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- From 'The Testament of Beauty', Robert Seymour Bridges
(1886 - 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)