Peter Daniel Phiri
A Sacrifice For Love
In plight of loving you,
And willingly surrender my self to death.
For with death,
But my heart is entangled with yours,
And so is my life,
But I have to depart now.
My soul is halfway across the journey,
singing joyous melodies.
My spirit stays with my heart for a while,
Which with both great joy and pain, ..
Engage in plucking its biting nails from yours,
Before the trinity of me flies away to eternity.
I can't stop your bleeding heart,
Since my heart's nails were rooted so deeply within yours,
Neither can I stop your tears from flowing,
For it's better your tears flow than your blood drain.
Since tears clense your soul, your heart and your spirit.
Within you I've departed,
But besides you,
I'll forever stay.
On the gates of heaven,
I'll forever wait for your arrival,
Days may turn into months,
Months into years.
I let the minutes roll by,
But yet clinging desperately to every second.
Life is not fair,
It hides so many things,
So many emotions, words and actions it can't express.
But I've come to understand,
My eyes are open to devine wisdom,
That the greater love silent in our hearts which life cannot define nor express to a mortal body;
Will be revealed in our eternity.
When we meet again,
we shall rejoice.
And I shall love you, far more than I am able to.
Peter Daniel Phiri's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Sacrifice For Love by Peter Daniel Phiri )
- Woolen Yarns, Liilia Talts Morrison
- Salving Feelings, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Signs Of Winter, Joseph T. Renaldi
- You, Arich Cole
- Remembered With The Best Thoughts Kept, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Never From You To Leave, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Perfect Balancing Of Creativity, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Remaining Respectful, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Loyal Friendship, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Invisible, Kimberly Joyce Roguis
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)