Peter Daniel Phiri
A Transient Wanderer
The chilly hand of duty startles me again,
As a transient wanderer, from settling you refrain.
This pain is not strange,
But my heart chills, I'm like a fridge.
I wobble, with a whiz, comes twilight.
It's not right, I will fight.
Morose smirks with annoyance,
Short memories scurry across the fence.
A promise of blooming days ahead now looms,
A goose chase! ! You shall lose.
Lie again, it's so sweet.
Look! now fondness creeps.
I'm so weak, I can't say goodbye,
My streangth comes from saying hie.
I dissapear like snowballs at dawn,
Had I took your number, I'd busy my phone.
I look back from the horizon,
Yet you read this and believe my mind is a strange zone.
But from my laurels, birds are chipping loud.
Now cross your fingers tight,
We are not strangers in sight.
I've seeded love in your heart, please harness,
And before you know it, I will come harvest.
Peter Daniel Phiri's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Transient Wanderer by Peter Daniel Phiri )
- Stand high, hasmukh amathalal
- Amidst the stones, Roann Mendriq
- Rainbow Of Life, david kush
- CRYSTAL WATER, Prince Lartey
- Beholden, Eleonor Santiago
- Faith and hope, gajanan mishra
- You're, Angela Wybrow
- HE touched and the life bloomed, Ruma Chaudhuri
- Different colors, hasmukh amathalal
- From my hearts core, Aftab Alam
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- At Last She Comes, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(9 November 1928 – 4 October 1974)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(15 April 1958)
(3rd April 19sixty)