Peter Daniel Phiri
A Transient Wanderer
The chilly hand of duty startles me again,
As a transient wanderer, from settling you refrain.
This pain is not strange,
But my heart chills, I'm like a fridge.
I wobble, with a whiz, comes twilight.
It's not right, I will fight.
Morose smirks with annoyance,
Short memories scurry across the fence.
A promise of blooming days ahead now looms,
A goose chase! ! You shall lose.
Lie again, it's so sweet.
Look! now fondness creeps.
I'm so weak, I can't say goodbye,
My streangth comes from saying hie.
I dissapear like snowballs at dawn,
Had I took your number, I'd busy my phone.
I look back from the horizon,
Yet you read this and believe my mind is a strange zone.
But from my laurels, birds are chipping loud.
Now cross your fingers tight,
We are not strangers in sight.
I've seeded love in your heart, please harness,
And before you know it, I will come harvest.
Peter Daniel Phiri's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Transient Wanderer by Peter Daniel Phiri )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- To whom I am going, gajanan mishra
- In The Process Of Existence, Naveed Akram
- Thy presence, binod bastola
- My Maiden's Love Is Like A Cloud In June, Chibueze Oscar Osuji
- दिल को हरदम dil ko hardam, hasmukh amathalal
- Ode To Envy, Chibueze Oscar Osuji
- Time be quite, Filippo Stella
- Domestic goddess, Mark Heathcote
- Blank Depression, Chibueze Oscar Osuji
- The tears of human race, Great Emeritus