Peter Daniel Phiri
A Transient Wanderer
The chilly hand of duty startles me again,
As a transient wanderer, from settling you refrain.
This pain is not strange,
But my heart chills, I'm like a fridge.
I wobble, with a whiz, comes twilight.
It's not right, I will fight.
Morose smirks with annoyance,
Short memories scurry across the fence.
A promise of blooming days ahead now looms,
A goose chase! ! You shall lose.
Lie again, it's so sweet.
Look! now fondness creeps.
I'm so weak, I can't say goodbye,
My streangth comes from saying hie.
I dissapear like snowballs at dawn,
Had I took your number, I'd busy my phone.
I look back from the horizon,
Yet you read this and believe my mind is a strange zone.
But from my laurels, birds are chipping loud.
Now cross your fingers tight,
We are not strangers in sight.
I've seeded love in your heart, please harness,
And before you know it, I will come harvest.
Peter Daniel Phiri's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Transient Wanderer by Peter Daniel Phiri )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The Question of the Metaphysical Squirrel, Eugene Levich
- She Met Three Interesting People In The .., Toshie Nohara
- Aketay Imetay, D.L. Aceves
- Celestial Musings, Chris Running Bear
- Fairy Tale Of Magical Worlds, Chris Running Bear
- At my door, hasmukh amathalal
- Imagination but real, Mashiur Rahman
- I cant see you but I know you there, yolandey breedt
- Like an old-fashioned tradition, Kamini Arichandran
- Where are we?, Pintu Mahakul