Peter Daniel Phiri
A Minute To Pray
Somewhere out there is an artist like me striving to rise.
Somewhere out there is an orphan in tears.
Somewhere out there is a hungry widow dying of Aids.
Somewhere out there is a heartbroken soul with naked hope.
Somewhere out there is an infant living on the streets.
Somewhere out there is a child raped and traumatised.
Somewhere out there is a saint in battle with the devil.
Join me in a minute of silence,
Help me make a silent prayer.
Peter Daniel Phiri's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Minute To Pray by Peter Daniel Phiri )
- There Are Two Worlds, Neela Nath
- Dirt Is Not Love, Neela Nath
- from 'The Double V', Morgan Michaels
- God Feeds the Birds, Dr John Celes
- Floating On, Neela Nath
- Perhaps I Did It Once, Shalom Freedman
- Surya, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Three ceremonies, Aftab Alam
- A Flight, Amitava Sur
- Insulted poet, douglas scotney
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)