Peter Daniel Phiri
A Minute To Pray
Somewhere out there is an artist like me striving to rise.
Somewhere out there is an orphan in tears.
Somewhere out there is a hungry widow dying of Aids.
Somewhere out there is a heartbroken soul with naked hope.
Somewhere out there is an infant living on the streets.
Somewhere out there is a child raped and traumatised.
Somewhere out there is a saint in battle with the devil.
Join me in a minute of silence,
Help me make a silent prayer.
Peter Daniel Phiri's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Minute To Pray by Peter Daniel Phiri )
- Passage for, hasmukh amathalal
- I Did Not Know, Jerome Chukwuemeka Edwin
- Simply Spoken Life, Heather Burns
- Did You Ever Love Me, Peter S. Quinn
- On To the Night, Peter S. Quinn
- Haiku...Highway Heart Race, Ken e Hall
- Guaman Poma, Nassy Fesharaki
- Suicide, Mitzie Holstein
- Dedicated To You, Robin Williams-Suicide, Mitzie Holstein
- ....... .. Gun Control Is As Easy As This, Is It Poetry
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)