Peter Daniel Phiri
A Minute To Pray
Somewhere out there is an artist like me striving to rise.
Somewhere out there is an orphan in tears.
Somewhere out there is a hungry widow dying of Aids.
Somewhere out there is a heartbroken soul with naked hope.
Somewhere out there is an infant living on the streets.
Somewhere out there is a child raped and traumatised.
Somewhere out there is a saint in battle with the devil.
Join me in a minute of silence,
Help me make a silent prayer.
Peter Daniel Phiri's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Minute To Pray by Peter Daniel Phiri )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Ring Out , Wild Bells, Alfred Lord Tennyson
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda