Peter Daniel Phiri
A Gun In Life's Hands
I'm like a gun in life's hands.
It's holding me by the trigger, I'm about to explode.
I am aimed at success,
When I hit it, I will make a bang.
Patience taught me to be patient.
But why is it I can't stop my flapping wings anymore?
Hear me laugh! ! !
These haters still dream they can stop me?
What a hopeless dream..
All I've been doing till now is seeding,
I toiled and laboured, now I'm about to take a rest.
Hear me now,
Nothing is as sweet as eating fruits of your labour.
Let me climb the highest mountain,
Should I make the loudest noise?
Or will I smile till you smile with me too?
Will you raise your glasses high and help me celebrate?
Peter Daniel Phiri's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Gun In Life's Hands by Peter Daniel Phiri )
- WHO IS HE?, Ali Faisal
- iPhone6+ 오피뷰 ⓐ동대문오피녀 ⓑ선릉오피 대란∠OＰGＡNＤA/ＣOM∠, sibngnu11 sibngnu11
- L.Messi 오피뷰 동대문오피 KTwiz 선릉오피 OＰGＡNＤA/ＣOM.., sibngnu11 sibngnu11
- L.Messi 오피뷰 강서오피 KTwiz 부산오피 OＰGＡNＤA/ＣOM .., sibngnu11 sibngnu11
- VALUE OF LIFE, Ali Faisal
- iPhone6+ 오피뷰 ⓐ강서오피녀 ⓑ부산오피 대란∠OＰGＡNＤA/ＣOM∠, sibngnu11 sibngnu11
- for a friend who had gone cold one summer, RIC S. BASTASA
- a journey away from words, RIC S. BASTASA
- the iron cables laid to sea, RIC S. BASTASA
- Finding her, Akhil Zoomin
Poem of the Day
- Ur Turn Now?, Najma Mire
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Thing of Beauty (Endymion), John Keats
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- " To His Fairest Valentine Mrs. A. L., Richard Lovelace
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)