Peter Daniel Phiri
A Gun In Life's Hands
I'm like a gun in life's hands.
It's holding me by the trigger, I'm about to explode.
I am aimed at success,
When I hit it, I will make a bang.
Patience taught me to be patient.
But why is it I can't stop my flapping wings anymore?
Hear me laugh! ! !
These haters still dream they can stop me?
What a hopeless dream..
All I've been doing till now is seeding,
I toiled and laboured, now I'm about to take a rest.
Hear me now,
Nothing is as sweet as eating fruits of your labour.
Let me climb the highest mountain,
Should I make the loudest noise?
Or will I smile till you smile with me too?
Will you raise your glasses high and help me celebrate?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Gun In Life's Hands by Peter Daniel Phiri )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Dr John Celes
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Tiger, William Blake
- The Solitary Reaper, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- Give and Take, Md. Ziaul Haque
- She has Fallen Ill, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Sometimes It Feels So Bad, Md. Ziaul Haque
- After So Many Days You Called, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Strange!, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Life very quiet, hasmukh amathalal
- Good People are Going Away, Md. Ziaul Haque
- INSPIRED, ALLEN PHETOGO
- JESUS CHRIST, ALLEN PHETOGO
- FAITH, ALLEN PHETOGO