Peter Daniel Phiri
A Gun In Life's Hands
I'm like a gun in life's hands.
It's holding me by the trigger, I'm about to explode.
I am aimed at success,
When I hit it, I will make a bang.
Patience taught me to be patient.
But why is it I can't stop my flapping wings anymore?
Hear me laugh! ! !
These haters still dream they can stop me?
What a hopeless dream..
All I've been doing till now is seeding,
I toiled and laboured, now I'm about to take a rest.
Hear me now,
Nothing is as sweet as eating fruits of your labour.
Let me climb the highest mountain,
Should I make the loudest noise?
Or will I smile till you smile with me too?
Will you raise your glasses high and help me celebrate?
Peter Daniel Phiri's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Gun In Life's Hands by Peter Daniel Phiri )
- Hand To Hold, Kelly Zion
- Can't Win, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Free Samples, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Dr. Lmst., RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- After An Unfortunate Incident, Morgan Michaels
- Only in Vegas, Angela K Brown
- Morning, Angela K Brown
- Shifting Afternoon, Angela K Brown
- Song of Solomon, Angela K Brown
- The watcher is watched, Christopher Withers
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)