Peter Daniel Phiri
A Gun In Life's Hands
I'm like a gun in life's hands.
It's holding me by the trigger, I'm about to explode.
I am aimed at success,
When I hit it, I will make a bang.
Patience taught me to be patient.
But why is it I can't stop my flapping wings anymore?
Hear me laugh! ! !
These haters still dream they can stop me?
What a hopeless dream..
All I've been doing till now is seeding,
I toiled and laboured, now I'm about to take a rest.
Hear me now,
Nothing is as sweet as eating fruits of your labour.
Let me climb the highest mountain,
Should I make the loudest noise?
Or will I smile till you smile with me too?
Will you raise your glasses high and help me celebrate?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Gun In Life's Hands by Peter Daniel Phiri )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(c. 600 BCE)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Neither Hindugiri Nor Christiangiri Nor .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Unbound, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- The Mask We Wear, Is It Poetry
- Purified man, gajanan mishra
- Questioning Deity?, Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Barack Obama And His comprehension of In.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Calculated Etchings, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Charity, Self-control and Mercy, gajanan mishra
- To Win Your Man's Heart, Valsa George
- Duty breeds right, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.