Peter Daniel Phiri
A Gun In Life's Hands
I'm like a gun in life's hands.
It's holding me by the trigger, I'm about to explode.
I am aimed at success,
When I hit it, I will make a bang.
Patience taught me to be patient.
But why is it I can't stop my flapping wings anymore?
Hear me laugh! ! !
These haters still dream they can stop me?
What a hopeless dream..
All I've been doing till now is seeding,
I toiled and laboured, now I'm about to take a rest.
Hear me now,
Nothing is as sweet as eating fruits of your labour.
Let me climb the highest mountain,
Should I make the loudest noise?
Or will I smile till you smile with me too?
Will you raise your glasses high and help me celebrate?
Peter Daniel Phiri's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Gun In Life's Hands by Peter Daniel Phiri )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- You And I, Lili Domis
- Sonnet: Who Makes Money Wisely?, Dr John Celes
- Postcard For The Tin Soldier In Tintypes.., mary douglas
- I Submit, I Am Krakatoa
- till the last blood, binod bastola
- When Public Limited Company Goes Under, Terence G. Craddock
- We are three friends, gajanan mishra
- Single march, hasmukh amathalal
- It is unpleasant to live with mental uns.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- What to tell, hasmukh amathalal