An Anklet of Whim
I am a woven thread of red, white and yellow,
I make hundred emotions mellow,
I transcend your walk into a flight of swallow,
With chimes, I fulfill nature’s hollow.
I am a woven thread with possible decors,
You love the way I adore,
I see the world through your color,
I inhale the world through your odor.
I will be your solo anklet,
I will embellish your ankle,
I will cover your wrinkle,
I will make tiny bells jingle,
I will make chimes sprinkle,
I will spread happiness,
Being your anklet.
I have two beads and a bell,
I don’t make sonorous sounds real,
I have pop colors to make you feel well.
On your ankle, I dwell,
Like a precious threaded jewel.
I won’t let anything harm you,
I won’t let a scratch to attack you,
I will turn myself into a black thread,
I will add an evil eye bead,
I will protect you from every danger,
I will be the solo ranger,
On your left toe.
On your ankle, I will be red string of fate,
Keeping me, you will find your soul-mate.
I will be sea green beads on your toe-ring,
I will be the silver drops that always shine,
I will make you smile,
When you touch me, remembering sunshine.
I will be your sunshine,
I will glisten in moonshine,
Because your body is my shrine;
I am the flower oblates on your feet,
I am the threaded anklet over your brood.
I might be a mere glass bead string,
I am your accessory ever dazzling.
I am the happiness, always raining.
I am your ankle-string, always roaming,
Jayeeta Shamsul's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (An Anklet of Whim by Jayeeta Shamsul )
- forgetting he-huckleberry, I ring-around.., Harindhar Reddy
- Ninja Nejla, Muzaffer Akin
- Design of Life, Rohit Sapra
- My Dear, Dipankar Sadhukhan
- Daisies, Eugene Levich
- A Description Of Mercy, Giles Fletcher The Younger
- Until You Came Along, Shakeela Kingzley
- If you forget, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Hear me, hear me,, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Just few minutes., Emmanuel George Cefai
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)