I am a little boy called Whim,
Inside your heart I swim,
I am your invisible trim,
I weave the nonsense dreams! !
I make you smile like baby,
I make you pop candies,
I make you hug the soft teddy,
I make you a cry baby.
I teach you to love the old Barbie.
I let you imagine absurd,
I let you feel awkward,
I let you talk nonsense,
I let you chirp in happiness.
I love to see you whimsical,
I love to blow you flute, jovial,
I put off the candle of dismal,
I want to sway you into cradle, rigorous.
I add spice into your daily trivial.
I am your capricious lover,
I am joyous rainy shower,
Inside the clouds I hover,
To me, childhood is never over!
I am that very capricious guy,
I know the formula of being happy,
I won’t let you say sorry,
I will dust off the reasons of worry.
I am the colorful threads of your wrist,
I love the way threads twist,
I love to see colorful feathers
Those punish the streaks of your hair!
I am a stroke of color,
I am a dash of air,
I run riot in nature,
I am your whimsical lover,
I am your unconscious guitar,
I am your subconscious rover,
I am your other half called whim,
I won’t let you ruin,
I will rekindle the crazy you,
With new strokes of hue! !
Jayeeta Shamsul's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Whim by Jayeeta Shamsul )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- To Answer Your Question, Serena Blackinton
- ' H E I S...', sunshine garcia
- Love Note 11, Michael P. McParland
- Bicker and Swear, Donal Mahoney
- Put God First, Robert Barnett
- Te Amé Desde el Primer de los Días, Hebert Logerie
- Scales falling, Angell Afinowi
- About the Armadillo, Angell Afinowi
- Leprosy at the birthday Party, Angell Afinowi
- The Journey, Alvin Mingle