The Drum of Revolution
The drum of revolution:
I am a wooden tribal drum,
I cause explosions on your eardrum,
I don’t know the reasons of being calm,
I am a rebel on musical realm.
I am nothing but an empty hollow,
I make rapid sounds from willow
I need nothing but two drumsticks,
I am in love in mind freaks,
I love to be played by rude touch,
I love to be hurt,
I dedicate myself to the attacks,
To silence I always turn my back.
I am celebration of rendering sound,
I am festival on tribal ground,
I am in love with the boy beating me around,
On seeing tribal dance I am spellbound.
I love to be attacked
I love to be invaded
I love to be hurt,
That’s the extreme joy of my heart.
My heart explodes in sheer joy,
I can’t count the tribal convoy,
I only see myself spreading joy,
Like a blushing lover of tribal boy! !
I am not your flute of happiness,
I don’t care for sonorous bells,
I am nothing but a wooden shell,
I am your dramatic rebel.
I am your drum of festivals,
I do color your carnivals,
I am the sound of your fiesta,
I am waking you up from siesta
I want to wake you up,
From your eye glued to mobile apps,
I want you to feel up
And beat your own drum.
I am the drum of your worship
I love to renew friendship
I love to be hurt by you
I want to rediscover a new you.
I am the drum of procession
I am needless confession
I am the voice of resolution
I am the sound of revolution.
And nowhere close to solution! !
I am the drum of war
I am change’s warrior
I am revolution’s admirer
And calmness hater.
I make clouds burst
I am lord Shiva’s hand-drum
I am the African talking drum
I am drum of passion.
And dream of obsession! !
I am drummer of a tribal guy,
To express love he’s very shy,
His sweetheart dances to his drumbeats;
He can’t defer it from his heartbeats.
I love to observe folk dance of lads,
I love to see dancing lasses
I love to be used in love-rituals,
I am the very tribal drum,
I don’t know ethics to be calm,
I am brimming with joy,
I want everyone to enjoy,
Drumbeats of revolution.
I am the mean of pauper’s earning,
I have become his life string,
I don’t give off music’s ringing,
Still, I am ever glowing.
I am drum of strive
I won’t be a drum of shrine,
I hate to be used in strife
I won’t take anybody’s side
I want every face to smile
Forgetting reasons of malice! !
Jayeeta Shamsul's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Drum of Revolution by Jayeeta Shamsul )
- Lewdness, Edward Kofi Louis
- Sherman Mark, Kim Barney
- Add, adduce!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Kiss Is Gone Scarce, Chukwuemeka Okonkwo
- 148. To Miss Logan, with Beattie's Poems, Robert Burns
- In Memory Of My Mother- An elegy, Natarajan Ramaseshan
- Hindi haiku 23 oct, S.D. TIWARI
- It's Me: A Woman, Afshan Fatima
- Fortress, Edward Kofi Louis
- 152. Extempore in the Court of Session, Robert Burns
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)