I am stalker at night,
I am smooth talker at daylight,
I am a loner to everybody,
I am not n façade of somebody
I love the talkative sales boy,
I talk to that homeless boy
I console the refugee girls's baby,
I don't live in someone else's body.
I see the drunk man toddling at night,
I see a new boy drinking in moonlight,
I see a deserted person waiting for death,
I can't see angels coming to save us from hell.
I behold the street prostitutes,
I behold their colorful boots,
I gaze at their beautiful faces,
And I choose to ignore their dresses.
I wink at the adulterous boys,
I hiss at those amorous men,
I love to see the crispy women,
Looking for enjoyment.
I witness the revelries like a worm
I want to string like a moth
I can't live with such discrimination
The world is scrolling down to destruction.
I befriended the boy who left home,
To deal with parents homophobe;
I want to take him home,
But he believes in his dream-boy, to come.
I watch the sleepy taxi-driver,
They love to confess their first love,
They're quite crazy about new love.
I listen to the horns of private cars,
I perceive the hummings inside the cars,
I just imagine things happening,
Behind the closed doors.
My eardrums hate the hullabaloo of casinos,
I shut my eyes watching the neons,
I observe children searching leftover food of Domino's.
I am loner on the streets,
My eyes can't ignore the things,
I love to do the original sin.
I see the silence of good people,
I hear the shouts of goons,
I wait for the new dawn.
Still it turns out to be an old one;
Old wounds, old folks, old matters,
Every dawn becomes same as earlier,
Still, I live by hope,
Amid the darkness of despire,
Not to lead the world towards destruction! !
Jayeeta Shamsul's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Stalker by Jayeeta Shamsul )
- Festival Of Light, Amitava Sur
- YouTube and Phalloplasty, Jeff Gangwer
- Journey, Dave Cadaqu
- Brad Pitt / Brad Dourif, Jeff Gangwer
- History / Your Dust, Jeff Gangwer
- "...through your rape whistle", Jeff Gangwer
- "Angels are...", Jeff Gangwer
- Your Ghost Doesn't Haunt This Room, Jeff Gangwer
- She Wore Poison on Her Neck, Jeff Gangwer
- Yes or No?, Jeff Gangwer
Poem of the Day
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Primitive, Sharon Olds
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Robert William Service
(16 January 1874 - 11 September 1958)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)