An Angel in Boots
What I saw was all in my head,
A vision all blurred, in the color red.
Passion filled with all that is right,
Love based options throughout the night
I keep seeing boots in my vision red,
I keep hearing words that are not really said.
My eyes distracted by the beauty before me,
Enhanced feelings of love devour me.
Lady lay waiting on a floating bed,
wearing only cowboy boots of the color red.
A vision of beauty, of love, and of peace,
A vision of an angel, heaven released.
Red cowboy boots and an angle of love,
sent from the heavens so far above.
Cleary a sign that I am lonely and blue,
and that I need someone who will love me true.
Rik Bertrand's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (An Angel in Boots by Rik Bertrand )
- Think Alike, Naveed Akram
- The Gods and Heaven.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- The Troubled Box, Naveed Akram
- Colored, Caylin stansberry
- Leave, gajanan mishra
- The beauty of a poet, gajanan mishra
- Two legs animal, gajanan mishra
- Clown Heads, Tony Adah
- In Love With Your Body, Luis Estable
- They Are Right, Luis Estable
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Trees, Joyce Kilmer
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- Bluebird, Charles Bukowski
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)