An Angel in Boots
What I saw was all in my head,
A vision all blurred, in the color red.
Passion filled with all that is right,
Love based options throughout the night
I keep seeing boots in my vision red,
I keep hearing words that are not really said.
My eyes distracted by the beauty before me,
Enhanced feelings of love devour me.
Lady lay waiting on a floating bed,
wearing only cowboy boots of the color red.
A vision of beauty, of love, and of peace,
A vision of an angel, heaven released.
Red cowboy boots and an angle of love,
sent from the heavens so far above.
Cleary a sign that I am lonely and blue,
and that I need someone who will love me true.
Rik Bertrand's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (An Angel in Boots by Rik Bertrand )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- S.O.S., Sandra Feldman
- Something is in the House, Sarah Liz Bowman
- Tragedy and Comedy, Eugene Levich
- Bound to thaw, george albot
- Not Obligated To Offer Options, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- A taste of love, JJ Evendon
- Greeting Cards, Sara Fielder
- The Lorry From The North, Tony Adah
- Father's Admonition, Tony Adah
- Those who lose, Luv Artem