A monster and A Revolver
Sitting in the cold night, Watching the moonlight waiting for the change of the monster to shift its form, Burning and aching as the form begins to shape. As it stands in the open with eyes red as the sun, It howls to the moon and cries in the night.
Heat of the skin and fur drenched in blood, And rain, Quickly it moves to a person unaware, Making its move on the next prey it finds. A lonely man stands in the road eyes black as stone, Rain bounces of his dark rain coat. He is a easy target but is not alone.
He sees me and he begins to make a stand as my muscles begin to clench to let out a large roar, I feel the heat of my breath and make a move.
He moves so fast my eyes do not follow as I began to choke and throb as a bullet comes from the mans revolver. A extreme pain knocks me down cold. He was never alone as he has a gun faster than the wolf.
This vision comes from my own mind and I lay in my bed feeling the wolfs pain. My eyes turn red and claws extend I howl to the moon and cry to the night. Running down the road I see a man and will make my attempt to feed as he is alone, I will fight all my pain away when I take hold of this mans throat, But is he alone? I will not know.
Connor Whyte's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A monster and A Revolver by Connor Whyte )
- The America Flag., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Euphoric Nights By Bo-Edward Lawrence, Bo Edward Lawrence
- Storms do not last., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Crime repeats itself., Harold R Hunt Sr
- The American dream, Harold R Hunt Sr
- I Fly, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Fissures Of Imagination, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Girl-child., Bieze Josephat
- Main Street U.S.A., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Cabin in the woods., Harold R Hunt Sr
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Touched by an Angel, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)