A Model Hero Odin
O, dear friends! May I tell
a, tale of Graceful Norse God? .
Odin or Woden of the Norse Myth
Father of gods and men on Earth
Faced much risk, to help His world
Mimir the God of Knowledge claimed
One of His eyes to share knowledge.
Suffering much studied Woden-
Runes on wood, metal and stone.
Ravens on either side of His shoulder
Fetch the news from far and wide
Thought and memory were two birds
Hugin and Munin they were called.
He got skaldic mead from the Giants
Touch of which makes anyone a poet.
Gracious Odin gave away His skills
To all gods and men of His reign.
Can you be such a heroic leader
To save our sighing Motherland?
Note: Norse Myth=Mythology of the Scandinavian area. The day of the Woden is Wednesday.
Nasarudheen.P. Parameswaran's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Model Hero Odin by Nasarudheen.P. Parameswaran )
- Oatmeal, Frank Avon
- Blackpool in a gale, sheena blackhall
- Tonight, Frank Avon
- To Eat, or Not to Eat, Frank Avon
- Hot Flashes, Mitzie Holstein
- Late and Soon, Frank Avon
- My Mermaid Muse, Erato
- A Zulu Kingdom, Margaret Alice Second
- Forever Purpurating Lavender, Stephen Warren Williams
- No Reason To Rush, Kewayne Wadley
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- An Enigma, Edgar Allan Poe
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- On Raglan Road, Patrick Kavanagh
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)