Was Lord Krishna A Maoist?
Save us Telemachus! won't you?
Save us Shadwell, well, won't you?
Save us, save us, save us babies;
Save us citizens save us, save us.
Fathers ruled us so heir-apparent
Shall at the helms be enthroned?
Upon coins lies, Roman Nero's soul
As the mass for mess loaves prowl.
No rice, no fuel, no gruel to feed
Prices shoot up at rocket speed
Glittering teeth of thirty percent
Make the seventy, waning crescent.
Keechaka snarls at coiling girls
Comrade Krishna on bed slumbers
Sakuni plans the people's pale role
At whip, make them wade to poll.
How long Krishna waited, they
Thy kith and kin: Kunthi sons?
Were they Naxals? or Maoists?
Pleaded a piece of land, you say.
Gave them house to burn and feign
Chased who, after hills and plains?
Poundraka Conch hummed low
Below Thy Nose of Power and Love.
Nasarudheen.P. Parameswaran's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Was Lord Krishna A Maoist? by Nasarudheen.P. Parameswaran )
- Always Yours, Michael McParland
- All rich, gajanan mishra
- ما كان ذنبي, قسطاكي الحمصي
- حديث النفس, قسطاكي الحمصي
- A fox in Leeds with unusual needs., Stephen Katona
- Concepts 27, Somanathan Iyer
- More Time, Babatunde Aremu
- The Daughter of the Earth - 30, gajanan mishra
- Last Farewell, Mark Nixon Legaspi
- Travel China Haiku - Chengdu spices, john tiong chunghoo
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)