Was Lord Krishna A Maoist?
Save us Telemachus! won't you?
Save us Shadwell, well, won't you?
Save us, save us, save us babies;
Save us citizens save us, save us.
Fathers ruled us so heir-apparent
Shall at the helms be enthroned?
Upon coins lies, Roman Nero's soul
As the mass for mess loaves prowl.
No rice, no fuel, no gruel to feed
Prices shoot up at rocket speed
Glittering teeth of thirty percent
Make the seventy, waning crescent.
Keechaka snarls at coiling girls
Comrade Krishna on bed slumbers
Sakuni plans the people's pale role
At whip, make them wade to poll.
How long Krishna waited, they
Thy kith and kin: Kunthi sons?
Were they Naxals? or Maoists?
Pleaded a piece of land, you say.
Gave them house to burn and feign
Chased who, after hills and plains?
Poundraka Conch hummed low
Below Thy Nose of Power and Love.
Nasarudheen.P. Parameswaran's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Was Lord Krishna A Maoist? by Nasarudheen.P. Parameswaran )
- In A Creche In The Mountains, Robert Rorabeck
- Save yourself, gajanan mishra
- True love.....?, Jayatissa Liyanage
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.21, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.20, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.19, Monk E. Biz
- The Puppet of His Heart, Robert Rorabeck
- Turn Your Back, Tyrone Gayle
- My name is Death, Roxanne Dubarry
- Paleolithic Mermaid, Robert Rorabeck