Was Lord Krishna A Maoist?
Save us Telemachus! won't you?
Save us Shadwell, well, won't you?
Save us, save us, save us babies;
Save us citizens save us, save us.
Fathers ruled us so heir-apparent
Shall at the helms be enthroned?
Upon coins lies, Roman Nero's soul
As the mass for mess loaves prowl.
No rice, no fuel, no gruel to feed
Prices shoot up at rocket speed
Glittering teeth of thirty percent
Make the seventy, waning crescent.
Keechaka snarls at coiling girls
Comrade Krishna on bed slumbers
Sakuni plans the people's pale role
At whip, make them wade to poll.
How long Krishna waited, they
Thy kith and kin: Kunthi sons?
Were they Naxals? or Maoists?
Pleaded a piece of land, you say.
Gave them house to burn and feign
Chased who, after hills and plains?
Poundraka Conch hummed low
Below Thy Nose of Power and Love.
Nasarudheen.P. Parameswaran's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Was Lord Krishna A Maoist? by Nasarudheen.P. Parameswaran )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(22 March 1941 -)
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- It isn't easy!, Lubinda Lubinda
- I Am Third, Perry Biggerstaff
- The Nigeria Political Vampires, Chinweokwu Sunlight M. Ndubu ..
- Alack! Afore! Alack! Afore!, Dexsta Ray
- WAR modern art-form of meaninglessness, George Dee Vuy
- I let myself, Elena Ioannou
- Love Is Hard, Is It Poetry
- Broken Waves, Pintu Mahakul
- PH: Poetry Writing: In Poetry, Brian Johnston
- Moving Out, Adriana Avila