A Limerick...... [a limerick, as i 'see' it; very SHORT, of course]
A Limerick is a lighthearted poem.
If I knew who wrote first one, I’d owe ‘im.
Such beauty and grace,
like a movie star’s face,
and so short it’s easy to stow ‘em.
Bri Edwards's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
'A limerick is a humorous poem consisting of five lines. The first, second, and fifth lines must have seven to ten syllables while rhyming and having the same verbal rhythm. The third and fourth lines only have to have five to seven syllables, and have to rhyme with each other and have the same rhythm.' [i don't know what 'verbal rhythm' means. oh well.]
Comments about this poem (A Limerick...... [a limerick, as i 'see' it; very SHORT, of course] by Bri Edwards )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- No One Comes, Michael McParland
- Never Ending, Michael McParland
- When the Heart Skips a Beat, Danusha Marie
- Nervous Wreck, Michael McParland
- Need Not, Michael McParland
- Need, Michael McParland
- My Sweet Angel Dove, Michael McParland
- My Soul, Michael McParland
- My Last Gasp, Michael McParland
- Pond, Ronald Chapman