A Limerick...... [a limerick, as i 'see' it; very SHORT, of course]
A Limerick is a lighthearted poem.
If I knew who wrote first one, I’d owe ‘im.
Such beauty and grace,
like a movie star’s face,
and so short it’s easy to stow ‘em.
Bri Edwards's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
'A limerick is a humorous poem consisting of five lines. The first, second, and fifth lines must have seven to ten syllables while rhyming and having the same verbal rhythm. The third and fourth lines only have to have five to seven syllables, and have to rhyme with each other and have the same rhythm.' [i don't know what 'verbal rhythm' means. oh well.]
Comments about this poem (A Limerick...... [a limerick, as i 'see' it; very SHORT, of course] by Bri Edwards )
Did you read them?
- Holding on to a love, Jamie Fox
- Mixed Up, Ima Ryma
- Unseen water, Pintu Mahakul
- _Erato my Muse of love poetry, Erato
- An Emotional Story I Couldn't Tell, Godspower Oshodin
- Shift and Drift, Aftab Alam
- Rivalry is humane to time, Ajala Samuel Akindele
- Certain attitudes to be followed by the .., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Sorry-Wrong Number, Aftab Alam
- Gripes of. Freedom, Nalini Chaturvedi