How did it start?
How does it end?
No one can tell you that, my friend.
We take life for granted
and move right along,
Happy, content and singing a song.
Then pow! Something hits you
on top of your head.
“Where did it come from? ”
That’s what is said.
Here comes the lesson that opens your eyes.
It surfaces quickly to your surprise.
You become aware of how life works.
It wakes you up and shakes you up.
Prayers take over and fill your cup.
You either succumb or rise to the occasion.
You face it squarely or try evasion
and pretend you’re already dead.
But finality is not what you have in mind.
So strength comes in and soon you find
your faith appears and just takes over
and in the field you’re the 4-leaf clover,
the extra petal that all search for.
It helps you survive and to explore
all things available to help you through.
You become the person that’s really you.
Edwina Reizer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Lesson by Edwina Reizer )
- Suazo Nights, Eddie Morgan
- Juicy Lucy, I Salute Your vASStness!, Monk E. Biz
- As Long As I Am There For 'You', Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Paralyzed And Iced, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Art and the Pain, Udaya R. Tennakoon
- Alien Lullaby, Akujuobi Chijioke
- A Song Of Long Ago, Lilly Emery
- Simply Amazing, Olecia Henry
- A City Called Nirvana, Akujuobi Chijioke
- Dragon Kite Tanka, Chenou Liu