How did it start?
How does it end?
No one can tell you that, my friend.
We take life for granted
and move right along,
Happy, content and singing a song.
Then pow! Something hits you
on top of your head.
“Where did it come from? ”
That’s what is said.
Here comes the lesson that opens your eyes.
It surfaces quickly to your surprise.
You become aware of how life works.
It wakes you up and shakes you up.
Prayers take over and fill your cup.
You either succumb or rise to the occasion.
You face it squarely or try evasion
and pretend you’re already dead.
But finality is not what you have in mind.
So strength comes in and soon you find
your faith appears and just takes over
and in the field you’re the 4-leaf clover,
the extra petal that all search for.
It helps you survive and to explore
all things available to help you through.
You become the person that’s really you.
Edwina Reizer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Lesson by Edwina Reizer )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- a piece of apple browning and skin peeli.., jerome moore
- Wounded Roses Sing by I.H.Rizvi, Bijay Kant Dubey
- to woo, Zmz Gbzn
- Parting Wish By Vijay Vishal, Bijay Kant Dubey
- I Fly, I Fly, I Fly Higher and Higher~~~, Monk E. Biz
- 68th Independence Day of India (15th Aug.., Dr John Celes
- At Victoria Memorial, Calcutta, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Missing You, Lilly Emery
- You Just Think She Is Your Sister Too, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Robots In Love, Bijay Kant Dubey