A Leap of Faith
Try to take a leap of faith
And think what that leap might bring.
The end to all man’s indifference
And all of the suffering.
Maybe faith is all we have left
For man has made a mess.
But the faith must come from all of us
Along with forgiveness.
For to believe that mankind’s fallen down
And cannot stand upright
Is a fatalistic attitude
That’s got us all uptight.
I still believe that the goodness of man
Outweighs the evil that’s here.
Usually it takes a big wake-up call
To take away all fear.
So try and take a leap of faith
And never let it be said
We sat by and watched hell happen
And now mankind is dead.
Edwina Reizer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Leap of Faith by Edwina Reizer )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(June 27, 1936 - February 13, 2010)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- The Three Kings, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Christmas Carol, Sara Teasdale
- Talking Turkeys!, Benjamin Zephaniah
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Boy Who Laughed At Santa Claus, Ogden Nash
Poem of the Day
- A Thought A Head, Ima Ryma
- **कधी कधी **, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge
- ** सागं ना 2 **, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge
- ** अबोल भावना मनातल्या **, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge
- I am Not Alone, Sandra Feldman
- When the flower withers, Leong Ming Loong
- चादंण रात, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge
- The Scheme, Tony Adah
- The Worry, Leong Ming Loong
- जो अब तन्हा ही निकला तो, ज़माना साथ चलता है, Abhishek Omprakash Mishra