A Kiss Catcher
Lost kisses lost kisses
With the wind may fly
After finding him sleeping
On his shoulder you lie
Roll up on him tightly
But with greatest care
Gently delicate kindly
Shhh! Don't wake him
shh..don't let him be aware
Then, all kisses! Once:
the soul, not the skin!
-Vacuum any sad cry!
Spick and span cleaned
The heart of a child
Once again let rise!
Then slowly and kind
Sweet heart of a child
Let's start filling back
With goodness revived
And Smiles.. In biig size!
Elena Sandu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Later was chosen to be played on stage as a sign language choreographed dance, in an art project of Tane and also as a letter read on the stage to few survivors of that deadly tsunami.
I am not sure why it got so much attention I suppose it may carry a bits of the emotions of that particular time...
Comments about this poem (A Kiss Catcher by Elena Sandu )
Did you read them?
- The Broken Heart, kashif khan
- The Posture Of Consciousness, Maharishi Deja Vu
- Cloudy eyes, Nassy Fesharaki
- Ill luck, hasmukh amathalal
- The Peasant, kashif khan
- Insanity Of Control, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Barren Future, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Big Pharma, michael walkerjohn
- Finding Gold, douglas scotney
- My Thirst, michael walkerjohn
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Acquainted with the Night, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(22 March 1941 -)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns