A Kid's Oath!
(composed on Universal children's day-2011)
I'm a lovely kid of my small house
With sprightly, sparkling eyes...
Holding my computer's mouse
aspire to shine and rise...
With extra care i take my food
And play my games, but then...
i get scared of Mamma's mood
When someone takes my pen...
When Papa says, 'you'll have to work',
I keep on studying books...
When Mamma says, 'it's time for rest'
I pass her grateful looks...
I'm fond of juicy, chocolate creams,
And want to be a Sultan...
My glittering eyes are rich with dreams
I see for Pakistan....
I love my lovely home and school,
And love my friends and teachers...
I'll guide and work and follow rules
And make my better future... :)
Shahzia Batool's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Kid's Oath! by Shahzia Batool )
- Thanksgiving, ThanhThanh Poet
- My old wet blanket, jaquesha webb
- Thanksgiving, Nhuan LeXuan
- My Soul, Joseph Narusiewicz
- A bell that I hear, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Cures For Catatonia, Saiom Shriver
- American Blacks And Poor Whites, Is It Poetry
- A 'No Piece' Cosby, Blu 1 Blu 1 (Rio de Janeiro)
- The System, Cristhian Aguilera
- The Agony Of Being Humble, Lawrence S. Pertillar
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love .., Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)