A Kid's Oath!
(composed on Universal children's day-2011)
I'm a lovely kid of my small house
With sprightly, sparkling eyes...
Holding my computer's mouse
aspire to shine and rise...
With extra care i take my food
And play my games, but then...
i get scared of Mamma's mood
When someone takes my pen...
When Papa says, 'you'll have to work',
I keep on studying books...
When Mamma says, 'it's time for rest'
I pass her grateful looks...
I'm fond of juicy, chocolate creams,
And want to be a Sultan...
My glittering eyes are rich with dreams
I see for Pakistan....
I love my lovely home and school,
And love my friends and teachers...
I'll guide and work and follow rules
And make my better future... :)
Shahzia Batool's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Kid's Oath! by Shahzia Batool )
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Fragment, Oscar Wilde
- Madhushala, Harivansh Rai Bachchan
- Touched by an Angel, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Limerick-73, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- MOTHER, KASINIVENTHAN MUTHURAMALINGAM
- The Monkey, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Krampus, Ima Ryma
- For My Love, Sandra Feldman
- I love To Run, Patrick Sant
- My Exploding Stomach, RUBAB ATWAL
- The Lifelong Comrades, Muhammad Farhan Ahmed
- LAST TIME, Terry Collett
- Another Toll By Death, Tony Adah