A Hero From A Place That Is So Far Away
A lot of people do not what it means to be at a place that is so far away,
Or why freedom has just has a high price to pay.
It seems likes those days turn months and then to years,
Only wishing that final day will only soon get here.
Yes, in their minds those days seem like they never go fast,
Only till they finally realize that the day is here at last.
What it feels like to bend down and pray,
As he/she ask the Lord to happily reunite them with their family.
Tears come to their eyes as they see them for the first time in a year,
Not willing to wait to hold them close and near,
These are a few things that they will never know,
What it is to be known as a Hero.
Or why that Freedom is worth so much, when it is won,
This is what it makes it worth carrying that gun.
Frank Pulver's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Hero From A Place That Is So Far Away by Frank Pulver )
- Saying I Do, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- A SONG FOR YOU, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Quick-Sand, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- this day, sheade rudman
- Love Always, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Smile Not For All, Savita Tyagi
- Life with you, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Love for OLUEBUBE, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Broken Dreams, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- My mattress, Nassy Fesharaki
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)