A Hero From A Place That Is So Far Away
A lot of people do not what it means to be at a place that is so far away,
Or why freedom has just has a high price to pay.
It seems likes those days turn months and then to years,
Only wishing that final day will only soon get here.
Yes, in their minds those days seem like they never go fast,
Only till they finally realize that the day is here at last.
What it feels like to bend down and pray,
As he/she ask the Lord to happily reunite them with their family.
Tears come to their eyes as they see them for the first time in a year,
Not willing to wait to hold them close and near,
These are a few things that they will never know,
What it is to be known as a Hero.
Or why that Freedom is worth so much, when it is won,
This is what it makes it worth carrying that gun.
Frank Pulver's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Hero From A Place That Is So Far Away by Frank Pulver )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- The Girls And Their Peep Hole, Is It Poetry
- Goodbye dream, Marilyn Jean
- '' You're No Better Than Us '', bri mar
- Becoming Part Of Intellect, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Nineteen Years Since Your Passing, Jonathan Goldman a.k.a JGthe ..
- Life and Death, Rimni chakravarty
- No living is in vain, gajanan mishra
- Insomniac's, Is It Poetry
- Chemistry, gajanan mishra
- Many a bride dreams of this night., Sandra Lynn