A Hero From A Place That Is So Far Away
A lot of people do not what it means to be at a place that is so far away,
Or why freedom has just has a high price to pay.
It seems likes those days turn months and then to years,
Only wishing that final day will only soon get here.
Yes, in their minds those days seem like they never go fast,
Only till they finally realize that the day is here at last.
What it feels like to bend down and pray,
As he/she ask the Lord to happily reunite them with their family.
Tears come to their eyes as they see them for the first time in a year,
Not willing to wait to hold them close and near,
These are a few things that they will never know,
What it is to be known as a Hero.
Or why that Freedom is worth so much, when it is won,
This is what it makes it worth carrying that gun.
Frank Pulver's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Hero From A Place That Is So Far Away by Frank Pulver )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Failed Tribute to the Stonemason of Tor .., James Tate
- A Wedding, James Tate
- I am not a religious and god centric:, binod bastola
- Call from Cupid, binod bastola
- A Vagabond, James Tate
- Wisdom or Behaviour!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Bright Pink Lipstick, Electric Lady
- Nazuk to Phool Bhi Hain, Aftab Alam
- COPLA 85 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Home Came LeBron, Ima Ryma