A Day Dreamer
Ever since I can remember, I've been
a day dreamer. I'd constantly think
about places I longed to see. It would
lift my spirits, when needed. Alleviate
frustrations welled up, inside of me.
Being a day dreamer, has merits.
Where else, can you see all the
wonders of the world, so vivid in your
mind. Enabling you to be at any place,
at any time. When you day dream, you
can escape into your own little world,
especially, when the going gets rough.
It can be an instant gratification, when
you've had enough. No harm has ever
been done, by being a day dreamer.
It's quite beneficial in many ways. As
far as I can see, I'll probably be a day
dreamer, for the rest of my days!
Audrey Heller's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Day Dreamer by Audrey Heller )
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- bra maidenform, rwetewrt erwtwer
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- One Art, Elizabeth Bishop
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Sir Rabindranath Tagore