RoseAnn V. Shawiak
A Child's Need
Running silently from his schoolroom he runs to me in tears.
What is the matter? What is wrong?
I want to know!
Can't seem to get in the groove of things today.
It's all so much to learn.
Overwhelmingly, it causes him to spurn the teacher.
Volumes unspoken, are causing tears to flow.
A little hug, some reassurance, a listening ear is all that is required.
It only took a minute's patience - why are teachers so uptight?
We don't mind the minute for our child.
It does our hearts good to know a person's human - how much more so for a child?
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Child's Need by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
Did you read them?
- 'O' Cloud of My Skies, Aftab Alam
- My Words And Her Words, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Ode To B.J Azang, Tony Adah
- So Many Hummingbirds, Donal Mahoney
- SENRYU (5-7-5) 12, Aftab Alam
- Reaching For Desires, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Centennary - -, Murtaza Micky Yusuf
- YES! ! (to N.), John Thorkild Ellison
- Bee, Nassy Fesharaki
- Mulk Raj Anand As I Saw Him, Knew Him, Bijay Kant Dubey