RoseAnn V. Shawiak
A Child's Need
Running silently from his schoolroom he runs to me in tears.
What is the matter? What is wrong?
I want to know!
Can't seem to get in the groove of things today.
It's all so much to learn.
Overwhelmingly, it causes him to spurn the teacher.
Volumes unspoken, are causing tears to flow.
A little hug, some reassurance, a listening ear is all that is required.
It only took a minute's patience - why are teachers so uptight?
We don't mind the minute for our child.
It does our hearts good to know a person's human - how much more so for a child?
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Child's Need by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- I Dream A World, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- April Rain Song, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Life Is Fine, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Spy Terrorist, Marieta Maglas
- So what becomes of you my love?, Akhil S Behl
- In the Eye of the Ferris Wheel, Reagan A. Latumbo
- On Taking Secretaries to Lunch, Donal Mahoney
- The Lizard Said Yes, Tony Adah
- For real this time, yashovardhan kulkarni
- hey hog rider, does the roof have ricket.., Mandolyn ...
- my hair is still growing as fast as the .., Mandolyn ...
- New Mexico Sky, Taiko
- The Truth Lays, Michael P. McParland