RoseAnn V. Shawiak
A Child's Need
Running silently from his schoolroom he runs to me in tears.
What is the matter? What is wrong?
I want to know!
Can't seem to get in the groove of things today.
It's all so much to learn.
Overwhelmingly, it causes him to spurn the teacher.
Volumes unspoken, are causing tears to flow.
A little hug, some reassurance, a listening ear is all that is required.
It only took a minute's patience - why are teachers so uptight?
We don't mind the minute for our child.
It does our hearts good to know a person's human - how much more so for a child?
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Child's Need by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- A cowardly disguise, Cheryl Butler
- Are Farm Animals Like Humans? ……. [spe.., Bri Edwards
- Vows Broken, The Zentire World Missed L.., Monk E. Biz
- ONE MORE TIME, Romeo Della Valle
- Why Must You Own Me?, Monk E. Biz
- Crescent Cradle, Saiom Shriver
- Flowers Do Eventually Wilt, Hazel Durham
- No se amor, Sergio Jaime
- Haiku: Colored Perceptions, Brian Johnston
- Poppy and Moppy, Brian P FitzGerald