RoseAnn V. Shawiak
A Child's Joy
Watching elderly dancers smiling, stepping in time with one another, growing younger with every song being sung and played.
Reminders of younger days, seeing my parents together, enjoying dancing the two step - the only dance Dad knew!
Quiet joy and happiness at seeing them made my heart overflow with emotion and love to see them caring about one another.
A simpler time before the melt down of their love for one another came to be.
A child's joy kept stored inside - a treasure to be remembered in trials of beginning life.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Child's Joy by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Let's Think About Humanity, Prodip Kumar
- On My Father's Yortsayt, Abraham Sutzkever
- The Bottom Line, Abraham Sutzkever
- Inside Me, Abraham Sutzkever
- नोँनि हाइनायाव, Bahadur Basumatary
- Paris 1988, Abraham Sutzkever
- Remembrances Of Others, Abraham Sutzkever
- Everything But God, Anne Pierson Wiese
- All Night Long, Anne Pierson Wiese
- Tell Me, Anne Pierson Wiese