A.Blok, Factory - translation (rus.)
In neighbour house windows're yellow.
In evening time - in evening time
The pensive bolts are creaking plaintively,
The people tend to go inside.
And gates are locked before the crowd,
High on the wall - high on the wall
Someone in black is staying motionless
And counting the people all.
I hear all from my top point:
He's calling them by copper voice
To bow their backs and lower,
Exhausted too in their force.
They'll come and rove within the building,
Will load sacks on their backs.
And somebody will laugh at windows -
For they've defrauded beggars yet.
Lyudmila Purgina's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A.Blok, Factory - translation (rus.) by Lyudmila Purgina )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stafford's Cabin, Edwin Arlington Robinson
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- At the End of the Rainbow, Reagan A. Latumbo
- yeah you got all the answers i know - an.., sEaN nOrTh
- Life-death bicycle, gajanan mishra
- Broken Not Forgotten, Melissa Furey
- 2 ReaD A LinE Or 2 - Sh# ThaT they $mOkE.., sEaN nOrTh
- The Past, Sari Mavi
- winter clothes, Eric Ericson
- Sonnet11: 'Whose Mistresses These Are? '.., Pijush Biswas
- Deep in vogue, Stephen Brian Brady
- Deep into the Sea, Reagan A. Latumbo