A.Blok, And again - the gusts... - Translation (Rus.)
And again - the gusts of early years,
And bursts of power, extremety of thoughts...
But there's no happiness - as ever.
Though you don't have a doubt long!
Go all the dangerous years through.
You're waylaid - everywhere.
But if you're lucky to be safe, as truth, -
At last then you'll believe in phoenix,
And, yes, at last, again you'll see,
That you were needless to be happy,
That this chimerical such dream
For half of life couldn't suite as ever,
That there are seen the edges overflown
Of cup of the Creative delight's force,
And everything is not mine, but all of our's,
The tie with that world had gained a foothold -
And only then with a tender smile
You'd recollect sometimes again, again
About a childish dream, unsteady rather,
Which is usually called - the happy end!
19 june 1912
Lyudmila Purgina's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A.Blok, And again - the gusts... - Translation (Rus.) by Lyudmila Purgina )
Did you read them?
- Resurrection, Vladimir Holan
- How Do They Catch Cobras?, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Remember Me, Margaret Mead
- Mechanical Life, Mechanical World, Every.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- A child is, Helena Sinervo
- If I Should Die, Thomas Gray
- Her First Week, Sharon Olds
- The Countryside Joker Said It, Let Me Do.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Landmine, Naveed Akram
- I am in fire, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Blow, Blow, Thou Winter Wind, William Shakespeare
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)